Birth Trauma Recovery
Birth trauma occurs when we experience a frightening, traumatic, disappointing and/or a negative birth which leaves us feeling guilty, angry or upset.
This could be because you feared for your life or your baby’s life during birth or because you felt out of control and disempowered or simply because you were treated unkindly and totally unsupported.
But you have a healthy baby, right? Don’t let anyone tell you this is all that matters! YOU matter! Birth trauma can affect day-to-day life. If left untreated, birth trauma can lead to PTSD and PND.
The symptoms of birth trauma can vary but can include;
- flashbacks, nightmares, anxiety, panic attacks,
- guilt, anger, sadness, depression,
- difficulty bonding with baby,
- Feeling numb and detached from others
- Difficulty remembering the birth
- Fear of having more children
How can Birth Trauma Recovery 3 Step Rewind help you?
The aim of the 3 step technique isn’t intended to erase your memory of your experience, instead it allows you to unhook your emotions towards it and come to terms with your experience in a more calm and reflective way.
So, what is involved?
- 3x one to one sessions (3rd session can be a phonecall)
- Safe, confidential and non-judgemental space
- Relaxation and Rewind technique
- Positive mindset practice and affirmations