Hypnobirthing is a complete antenatal programme using hypnotherapy, relaxation and breathing techniques to release fear and empower you to make informed choices for you and your baby.
It is completely evidence based and puts you at the heart of your birth experience. I continue to be amazed at the wonders of hypnobirthing but also astounded that it is not the norm in terms of birthing (yet). Women in labour are at their most primal. With the right support and information, you can rock your birth in a way you never thought possible.
Whether you choose a hospital or home birth; a water birth or C-section, you have the right to make informed decisions that are right for you and your baby. It would be my privilege to make that possible.
Can Hypnobirthing guarantee a pain free birth?
- In a word, no: I will not make promises I can’t keep.
- However, it is possible and it has been known! Each woman is different in terms of their scale of pain.
- Women talk of it being manageable. When your body is in a state of deep relaxation, muscles work more efficiently allowing the positive birth hormone oxytocin to flow as well as our natural pain-killers, endorphins to perform.
How does Hypnobirthing work?
- Hypnobirthing allows the body and mind to become relaxed in preparation for child birth.
- It uses relaxation skills, breathing techniques and triggers to do this, by operating our subconscious in a much more positive way.
- Just as athletes use sports coaches/psychologists and companies use business coaches/mentors to increase their mindset and focus, you also need a plan for your birth!
- What I offer is an honest, logical approach that allows you to be confident, remain calm and meet your baby earth side feeling amazing.
What do I get for my investment?
3x 3hour classes of learning and empowerment for you and your birth partner including:
- How the body works during labour and birth, including hormones.
- The power of the mind – understanding the mind/body connection and avoiding negativity.
- The fear-tension-pain cycle.
- Breathing exercises, relaxation and visualisations.
- How to create an ideal birthing environment wherever you choose to give birth.
- Birth plan (including induction, interventions and c-section).
- Importance of the role of birthing partner – practical tips and advice, light touch massage.
- Making choices and communicating them to your midwifery team.
- The golden hour – the evidence and your options.
- Briefly, the fourth trimester.
- Relaxation MP3.
- A course handout tailored to your needs.
- Ongoing phone & email support to the birth and beyond.
- A Fierce Motherhood Co. goody bag.